Friday, June 21, 2013

Concealers for pale people!

I swear, every pale person I know has really nice porcelain skin without any blemishes. And I'm pretty jealous of them.

Also, I have mean dark circles. So even if I'm having a good skin day.......

Pictured: Me in the morning. Hay gurll 

So in order to pretend I'm like one of those people, I've bought a loooot of concealers. A lot of them too dark or just pure crap. I think companies are finally starting to realize that not everyone is a shade of tan-beige, so it's been easier than ever to find a match. I hope this is useful to someone!


From left to right: Bobbi Brown Corrector in Porcelain Bisque, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla, MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW15, Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer in CIA, MAC Studio Finish in NW15, Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Ultra Light, OCC Skin Conceal in R0

Bobbi Brown Corrector: This isn't supposed to match your skintone, but counteract dark circles with either pink or peach undertones. This actually matches me well enough that I don't need to use concealer over top. Just pat it where the darkness is and you'll be a fresh little daisy.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer: People are going nuts for this and I can see why. It has super high coverage but with a beautiful, skin like finish. No chalky powderiness that you get from many other high coverage concealers. This is the second to lightest shade. Chantilly, the first, is practically white with slight yellow undertones. I'm glad I settled on Vanilla, because it's just about perfect for me.

MAC Mineralize: This appears slightly darker here than it is. The formula is a bit thinner than I'd like, but this is ok. This is in the lightest shade and it's light enough when blended out that it should work for a lot of very pale people.

Urban Decay 24/7: The packaging for this just sucks. You have to sharpen it and you waste a ton of product, but the concealer itself is lovely. This is in the lightest shade, and they have a nice selection for lighter skins and darker. This was nice for me in winter, but I could stand to go just a touch darker.

MAC Studio Finish: I'm on my second pot of this. It was my first product that I actually finished. I used to use NC15, but as I've grown more makeup-savvy, I find that pink based face products work better for me. Both NC15 and NW15 are pretty pale, much paler than a lot of MAC foundations. Which is....weird. Get it together MAC.

Hard Candy Glamoflauge: Oh this is the shit right hurr. It's cheap as chips, extremely full coverage, long lasting, a tiny dab will do ya and you get a ton of product. I love it and this is my second tube of this as well. There are some problems though. There are soo few shades. Hard Candy released Ultra Light and another shade recently and as soon as I heard, I snatched it up. Before, I was using light, which ironically wasn't light enough. This is very light and a pretty good match for me. I worry that it could be pore-clogging, but as long as you don't sleep in your makeup or something you should be fine.

OCC Skin Conceal: Welp. This is soooo pale! I can use this on my undereyes to "brighten" the area (and it works fantastic for that) but I can't believably use this on blemishes. I'll probably end up getting Y0, which is a touch yellow and would probably work better on blemishes anyway. They also do extremely dark shades. The concealer itself is advertised as being vegan, half the reason why I bought it. And it's gorgeous. It's like MAC Studio Finish on crack.

Ok that was a bit rambly, but I'm a bad photographer and I felt I needed to be more descriptive than to give a crappy picture taken on my smartphone...I'll get a real big kid's camera someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment